Life Change

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Time to make a life change

So many are on the bandwagon of "life change". But I am serious. Last year at the age of 37 I went through some major life changes.  I realized how unhappy I was at my job, a business I had started 10 years prior with no money, no investors, no credit cards (I didn't have one back then) and just an idea and a belief in myself.

My husband did not even support it. He didn't care what I did as long as it didn't effect him or the family negatively (financially speaking). That business was now a huge success, but I was a slave to it and very unhappy. The time I spent with my family was short and strained. Now my husband and I have worked through our marriage issues and are finally in the same place. I am in the process of selling my business, and he is ready to step out on his own.

I have decided that I will shed all the things that make me unhappy. We are selling our large home and downsizing, although not into a "tiny" home, one that we can own outright: mortgage free! I have begun to try things I have wanted to try without apology. 1) Roller Derby 2) Pilot License 3) Finish learning Mandarin 4) Travel 5) Launch a new website and store...

No comments:

Post a Comment