Life Change

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Friday, June 10, 2011

Extreme couponing

I remember 17 years ago when I was first married, we were dirt poor. In love, but broke. We had an apartment over by the Vancouver Mall and I ended up staying home with our 2 yr old son. I had to save money so I began couponing. I even asked my husband for a birthday gift of the Sunday Oregonian so I could clip coupons. Now with the down turn in the economy,  it's come back into fashion (if it was ever in fashion to begin with) With our new plan to downsize, I began clipping coupons again. I saw extreme couponing show on TLC and thought it was a bit over the top, but still fun. Now I'm getting into it, and without shame I am totally challenged to have a $300 plus trip and pay under $10 or nothing. I've already saved over $100 on my last 3 shopping trips. It's more complicated than it seems, especially since we eat mostly organic. But I have been able to stock up on paper products and some items such as cereal and mac n cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment